26.4.09

Grenade Games Grand Finale

Over the past week in Whistler, the town has been crazy hectic for the Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival.  So many tourists and vendors are in town for the events, and then on Monday Whistler turns back to normal.  I didn't get to shoot many of the events because of work conflicts, but I did get out last night for the Grenade Games Grand Finale.  Snowboarders had to pull off some crazy tricks on some massive jumps and other features. I didn't have my flashes set up, so all the photos are using natural light and the spotlights.  Here's a few photos from last nights event...

-Steve








2 comments:

  1. Stevo! These are awesome! Did you say you were shooting at an ISO of 5000?! Crazy. They're a little grainy but I think it goes well with the extreme sport theme and that speed seems to have helped you catch some sharp action shots.

    I especially like the shallow depth of field in a bunch of these. My favorites are probably the first, middle, back-of-a-snowmobile pic (sweet lighting, DOF), the fifth one (sweet action shot and sharply focused snow chunks), and the far left pic in the last one (love the green/black/white colors, and the lighting from the side looks awesome - did you use your flash or was that event lighting?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff,

    Yeah, they're all at either 5000 iso or higher, but I needed it because all the lighting I had was the event lighting. I think it made for some cool shots tho! Nice to have a 2.8 super fast lens...

    ReplyDelete